You can display all your published books with our powerful ‘library’ shortcode.
You can also add parameters to the shortcode to further control what is displayed. These parameters are:
- ‘genre’ => genre slug (with comma for multiple genres)
- ‘id’ => book id (with comma for multiple ids),
- ‘exclude’ => book id (with comma for multiple ids)
- ‘orderby’ => orderby (default title)
- ‘order’ => sort ASC or DESC (default DESC)
- ‘section_title’ => Section title (add your own text)
- ‘max_post’ => maximum number of books to display
Note: to find your book’s Genre and Book ID check out the listing on the main book listing page (see the sidebar menu link: BookPress => All Books).
When using these parameters, your shortcode will look something like this:
The ‘order’ paramater can be set to use any of the standard WordPress strings/arrays found here https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Order_.26_Orderby_Parameters although most of these are not relevelt to the BookPress posts – we suggest the most relevent are: ID, author, title, name, date, modified, rand.
Once save/published the shortcode should generate content that looks something like this: